Forgot your password?   No account Yet? Register
swMenuPro Logo
Advanced Menu System for Joomla
Board index swMenuPro Forum swMenuPro7.0+ Drop Down Not Showing in IE11

Drop Down Not Showing in IE11

Post all questions regarding swMenuPro7.0+ to this forum.

Post Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:29 pm
LikeStuff Newbie

I am using the menu 7.2 on Joomla 1.5. I tried installing 8.1 and get the message below.

Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "/home/.../public_html/components/com_swmenupro"
Component Install: Another Component is already using directory: "/home/.../public_html/administrator/components/com_swmenupro"

The reason why I am installing this is in the hopes it can fix an issue that I am having with 7.2. A user said that she cannot see the drop down menu on IE version 11 (version 11.0.9600.1763). I have an OLD version (IE8), and I see the dropdown so I'm not sure what the issue is.

If you can suggest a fix with the version that I am using that would be great.

Thanks!

Post Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:51 pm
LikeStuff Newbie

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. Thanks!

Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:29 am
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

The transmenu stopped working in newer versions of IE. You need to unzip the attachment and replace the transmenu.js and transmenu_Packed.js files in the /modules/mod_swmenupro foloder on your site.
Attachments
transjs.zip
(15.33 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

Post Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:27 pm
LikeStuff Newbie

Thank you but I would prefer not to give the submenus a fixed width. Is there a way to make the submenus width auto so that it fills the width of the longest menu item and ensure that the text does not wrap? The old menu did that.

Currently the "Sub Menu Item Width: (set to 0 to auto size)" is set to "0" but it still wraps and does not fill the entire width.

Thanks again.

Post Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:16 pm
LikeStuff Newbie

Just checking in to see if you can help with this?

Thanks!

Return to swMenuPro7.0+