Forgot your password?   No account Yet? Register
swMenuPro Logo
Advanced Menu System for Joomla
Board index swMenuFree Forum swMenuFree 7.0+ support forum swMenuFree 7 Released

swMenuFree 7 Released

Post all question regarding swMenuFree7.x to this forum

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 am
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

swMenuFree 7.0 for Joomla 1.5.x and swMenuFree7.2 for Joomla 1.6 - 2.5 is now ready for download.

New Installation Instructions
For new installs simply upload the appropriate com_swmenufree7.x_JX.X.zip file for your version of joomla using the Joomla extension manager.

Update Instructions
For Joomla1.5.x, go to the "upgrade/repair swMenuFree" page in your current installation and use the upload feature there to upload the com_swmenufree7.0_J1.5.zip file.  Then return to the editing page and refresh your browser for the changes to take effect.

For Joomla1.6 - 2.5 use the Joomla extension manager to upload the com_swmenufree7.2_J2.5.zip file.  Then go to the "upgrade/repair swMenuFree" page.  It should then automatically update the module.  Return to the swMenuFree editing screen and refresh your browser for the changes to take effect.  After this update you can use the "upgrade/repair swMenuFree" page to upload any new upgrades in the future.

New Features

* Completely rewritten user interface now requires no keyboard input.  Menu can be completely styled and previewed using a mouse.

* Added rounded corners.  Completely configurable for the outside of complete menu, top menu items and submenu items.

* Added true type font integration for top and submenu items as well as cufon font uploader utility on upgrade/repair page.

* Added an outside of menu stylable div as well as text wrapping, font styles and text decorations.

* Added a new class to completely style the active menu item.

* Added submenu indicator images for top and submenu items,(right aligned top menu indicators are a bit buggy in IE)

* Added a flash overlay feature and jquery link disable feature.

* Added transition effects for submenus as well as an autoposition feature in case they run off the page.

* Improved the image manager utility.

* Improved compatability with all browsers and Joomla 2.5 installs.

* Fixed all php notices and validation errors.

This version of swMenuFree is the most stable and advanced.  I recommend all users of older versions to upgrade if they are having issues with there current menu or want the extra features.

Post Tue May 01, 2012 7:12 pm
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone not recieving an automatic download email immediately after purchase should make sure a spam filter has not stopped the email.  If they still can't locate the email then email me using the contact form and I'll resend the download email.

Post Wed May 09, 2012 11:36 am
wynchcote Newbie

Hi,

I have been using com_swmenufree6.7 + mod_swmenufree6.6.

Can you clarify whether new installs require a separate Module, or is it now all integrated.

Rounded corners is a welcome feature by the way - thanks!

Ken :)

Return to swMenuFree 7.0+ support forum