Forgot your password?   No account Yet? Register
swMenuPro Logo
Advanced Menu System for Joomla
Board index swMenuFree Forum swMenuFree 7.0+ support forum Submenu Indicator position (updated)

Submenu Indicator position (updated)

Post all question regarding swMenuFree7.x to this forum

Post Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:49 pm
I used swmenuFree 6.0/6.1 in combination with Joomla 1.5. Now I'm upgrading the site to Joomla 2.5 and want to use the new version of swMenuFree (because I like the possibilities) so I got the newest version 8.0.

There were some differences between the two version (more possibilities), but in the former version It was possible to use the Trans Menu in horizontal/down/right direction with some submenus. In the first submenu there was an indicator, that that submenu has an other submenu, indicated by an arrow on the right (after the text). I tries to rebuild this also in version 8.0, but the indicator appears only left under the text instead of on the right side of the text. When I use Firefox I have that problem. When I use IE8 it functions correct.

In this forum I read an option to use myGosu but then I got very thick borders around the menus.

??? ??? ???
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:10 am
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

I've updated the swMenuFree install files.  It includes a few fixes including this one to fix the trans submenu indicators.

Download the new swMenuFree8.1 file.  However I found a bug on the swMenuFree8.0 upgrade page that stops the upgrade working.  So to upgrade use the normal Joomla extension installer to install the new swMenuFree8.1 file.  It will report some errors, but don't worry, it has updated.  After doing that go to the "upgrade/repair swMenuFree" page and swMenuFree will update its module files automatically.  In the future you will be able to simply upload the update file on that page to upgrade your swMenuFree.

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:32 pm
samsmom Newbie

I don't remember which version of swMenuFree I used before, but it crashed (I think after my hosting company changed my site to php 5.3).

I upgraded to version 7.1 which fixed the crash issue however I still don't have the sub menu indicator. ???

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 pm
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

Submenu indicator option for both the top menu and submenu items is on the first module editing page of the swMenuFree component in both the 7.1 version for joomla1.5 and 8.1 for joomla 2.5 and 3.

If it's not there then your not using the latest swMenuFree for your version of joomla, or something went wrong when you upgraded.

Return to swMenuFree 7.0+ support forum