Forgot your password?   No account Yet? Register
swMenuPro Logo
Advanced Menu System for Joomla
Board index swMenuPro Forum swMenuPro9.0+ TransMenu nor working with IE11

TransMenu nor working with IE11

Please post all questions regarding swMenuPro 9+ to this forum.

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:58 am

Hi!

I jus installed Windows 8.1 including Internet Explore 11. On my Website I run
SwMenuPro 9.9 on Joomla 2.5.14.

In IE11 the SubMenus are not shown with TransMenu.
http://www.asb-bw.de/
[Wer wir sind]...[Unsere Angebote]...[Mitmachen & Helfen]

The GosuMenu underneath works.

Any idea?

Regards

Holger

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:36 am
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

This is a hard one to diagnose. The transmenus is working great in IE11 when on a local server, but then stops working on a live server. IE11 is still beta and I had very simular issues with the transmenu when IE9 and IE10 were beta. In those cases the problem mostly fixed itself when IE released the stable version.

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 am

Well, EI11 is not in a beta-state anymore from today on. But unfortutately the problem remains.

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:07 am
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

IE in there great wisdom have changed the name of the user agent. Which just about every bit of javascript in the world uses to detect ie. Now it says its actually "netscape" when you access it on a live server and "microsoft internet explorer" when you access it on a local server.

The effect of this is that it breaks just about every browser detection script ever made. Apparently this was deliberate because microsoft thought there browser was so great now that it does not need detection scripts for people to solve its bugs. This would be great if true , but the transmenu still needed an extra detection script as ie11 was not conforming to mozilla webkit browsers and the new pure css3 menu I was about to release that looked great in every browser and mobile device including ie 7-10 looks awful in IE11. So I'll probably be spending another 100 hours debugging CSS to get it looking good in IE once again.

Anyway I've fixed the transmenu.js file. And you probably want to also upload the curvyCorners.scr.js file attached as well if you use curvy corners. IE11 broke the detection script in that as well.

Unzip the attachments and put them in the /modules/mod_swmenupro folder.
Attachments
transmenu.zip
(9.81 KiB) Downloaded 1069 times
curvycorners.src.zip
(14.66 KiB) Downloaded 1032 times

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:05 am

Thanks so much Sean. I read about this nonsens done by Microsoft in IE11.
Your patch works fine. This is what I love about this forum. You get help and SwMenuPro remains as one of my favorite tools for Joomla ;)

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:04 pm
subzeroie Newbie

Hi Sean, i applied the patches as you advised and overwrote the existing ones in the folder.

However, i am still getting the error in IE11.

"Scanstyles does nothing in Webkit/Firefox/Opera"

Would you have any suggestions?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Rob

Post Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:10 am
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

That error is definately associated with the curvycorners file. Some versions of swMenuPro reference a minified version. curvycorners.js Check your pages HTML to see if that is the case. If it is then download the curvycorners.src.js file above and rename it to curvycorners.js and then replace the /modules/mod_swmenupro/curvycorners.js file with it.

Post Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:04 pm
deNiro9910 Newbie

Hi,

unfortunatley updating both files (transmenu.js and curvycorners.js) haven't fixed the problem with Transmenu on IE 11 for my website:

http://www.flugschule-worms.de

Any idea how to fix this?

Best
Martin

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 am
rnervi Newbie

solve this way:
found this file

modules/mod_swmenufree/curvycorners.src.js

goto line 1449 - find this line

else curvyCorners.alert('Scanstyles does nothing in Webkit/Firefox/Opera');

change in

// DISABLE: else curvyCorners.alert('Scanstyles does nothing in Webkit/Firefox/Opera');

Post Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:58 pm
rnervi Newbie

unfortunately this removes the bot BUT submenus are not openings in IE11...

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:47 pm
rnervi Newbie

still with no submenu under IE11 ... any news ? >:(

Post Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:21 pm
Pappagone Newbie

The problem is in the function "isSupported". You have to add "Netscape" in the "if" of navigator.Appname like this:

TransMenu.isSupported = function() {

...[ CODE CODE CODE ] ...

else if (an == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" || an == "Netscape") {

...[CODE CODE CODE ] ...

}
return r;
}

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:31 am
rnervi Newbie

yes. we all know programming structures.
But the problem should that who wrote the software (the menu system) should implement WHAT to put in the if/else if for IE11 situation.
Till now, IE11 do not opens submenus....

Post Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:20 am
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

The above transmenu file for download fixes the problem in IE11. If you are using swMenuFree then you need to use the download available in the swMenuFree forum.

If your submenus still aren't working then it is an unrelated problem, most likely with the template and I would need a URL to supply a fix.

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:39 pm
loverail Newbie

I have a non-Joomla page, older html4 code. The transmenu is not working in IE11 as well. Do I just change the code to:
else if(an=="Microsoft Internet Explorer"||an==Netscape"){

please advise.

Next

Return to swMenuPro9.0+