Forgot your password?   No account Yet? Register
swMenuPro Logo
Advanced Menu System for Joomla
Board index swMenuPro Forum swMenuPro9.0+ Responsive menu

Responsive menu

Please post all questions regarding swMenuPro 9+ to this forum.

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:39 pm
pfurber Newbie

Hi,
I am a Joomla! 3 and SWMenu Pro v9 newbie. I cannot find how to make my menu responsive. Am I missing a trick?
Any advice welcome.
Thanks
Peter :) :)

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:26 pm
Sean White User avatar
Administrator
Administrator

I have been doing a lot of research into responsive menus in the last few months. The current menu systems will work well on mobile devices in most cases, but most will not resize on a narrow screen, the superfish menu however uses an unordered list and will resize on narrow screens.

After much testing I have made a new Pure CSS3 menu system and it is now available in swMenuPro10+ All clients can download this latest version.

The new CSS3 menu makes use of viewport CSS and some jquery to provide quite a few options for a responsive fallback menu. This is a menu that will display if your site is being displayed narrower than a width which you can specify. The responsive menu will look and work completely differently to the normal menu. It has options for an "open/close" button. So the complete menu will be hidden and just an open/close button can be clicked to show or hide the menu. The responsive menu can be a complete multi level accordion menu or a flat list menu, plus there's options for open and close icons and to change the styles. You will also need to make sure your template has the following code between the <head></head> tags for the responsive menu to work:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">

Post Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:40 pm
pfurber Newbie

Brilliant Sean.
Thank you very much for your efforts.
Happy New Year :)
Peter

Return to swMenuPro9.0+